THU vs SIX Match Preview
This is finally the Sydney Smash we had been waiting for and both of the games will be played in the second half of the group stage. Thunder lost their last match to Scorchers due to a strange decision at toss while Sixers are coming on the back of a victory in their last match. You must be ready to make your Dream11 team for this Sydney derby. Let us help you with all the information you need to make a perfect THU vs SIX Dream11 Team. In this article, we bring you playing 11, pitch report and best players to pick in your Dream11 Team for THU vs SIX match.
- Match Venue : Manuka Oval, Canberra
- Match Time : 01:45 PM IST
Sydney Thunder Team News
Sydney Thunder are currently placed at the second position in the points table and winning this game would help them reach the top. They lost their last match against Perth Scorchers while chasing on a venue which supports the team batting first. Sam Billings played an outstanding lone warrior knock though but he couldn’t let lead them to win.
Thunder would be delighted to have Daniel Sams back in the squad who has finally recovered from the concussion and is ready to play again in this big ticket game. Sams would walk back in our Dream11 team straight away. Rest of the squad would be same. With Doggett picking up 4 wickets and McAndrew doing well recently, Adam Milne remains the only fast bowler whose spot remains vulnerable and he could be replaced by Daniel Sams in the playing 11.
Sydney Sixers Team News
Sydney Sixers must be really delighted to get a win after being in a position of losing the last match against Brisbane Heat. Chasing 149, they were restricted to 54-4 but a partnership between Daniel Hughes and Daniel Christian helped them win the match. They’d dearly love to hang on to their top spot by winning the match against their arch rivals.
Sixers have named their squad and it is the same squad which took on Heat in the last match. They are also expected to play with the same playing 11 as well.
Players Recent Performance
- Usman Khawaja : 26(12)
- Alex Hales : 5(10)
- Sam Billings : 83(48)
- Ben Cutting : 31(27) & 1-33
- Brendan Doggett : 4-22
- Nathan McAndrew : 1-31
- Adam Milne : 0-36
- Joshua Philippe : 7(8)
- James Vince : 15(10)
- Jack Edwards : 10(14)
- Jordan Silk : 3(7)
- Daniel Hughes : 51(35)
- Jake Ball : 3-25
- Daniel Christian : 61*(38) & 1-34
- Carlos Brathwaite : 4-18
- Jackson Bird : 2-22
THU vs SIX Playing 11
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (c), Sam Billings (wk), Alex Ross, Ben Cutting, Nathan McAndrew, Jonathan Cook, Daniel Sams, Adam Milne, Tanveer Sangha
Josh Philippe(w), Justin Avendano, James Vince, Daniel Hughes(c), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Carlos Brathwaite, Steve OKeefe, Jackson Bird, Jake Ball, Lloyd Pope
THU vs SIX Pitch Report
The statistics of this venue tells that Manuka Oval is quite a high scoring venue which has an average of 170 in the first inning. The highest score has been 219 while 4 out of 10 times, teams have scored between 170 and 189 on this venue.
5 matches have been while batting first while 5 have been while chasing so there is a fair share of distribution between both the results but with the nature of the pitch staying true, batting will be lot more comfortable on this deck.
THU vs SIX Head to Head
Sydney Thunder : 6 wins
Sydney Sixers : 11 wins
Players to pick from both sides
- Sam Billings : All the backing for Sam Billings was proved right as he scored a beautiful 83 in the last game. He might score big again in this match but it’s hard to ignore him either.
- Alex Hales : Alex Hales has been Thunder’s best batsman. He has scored 269 runs in 9 matches at a high strike rate of 161.
- Ben Cutting : In the absence of Daniel Sams, Ben Cutting had a huge responsibility for Thunder and he performed that duty quite well, so much so that he makes to our fantasy team even when Daniel Sams is back.
- Tanveer Sangha : With 15 wickets in 9 matches, he is tournament’s fifth highest wicket taker up until this point and is a good option for captain or vice captain too.
- Nathan McAndrew : McAndrew has performed very well when he was given a chance at the place of Daniel Sams. He has been too good to get dropped.
- Usman Khawaja : After a slow start, Khawaja seems to pick his form in this tournament. He has scored 239 runs in this season at a strike rate of 140 and we can invest 9.5 points in him at this stage now.
- Daniel Sams : The main man is finally back after a concussion and we don’t need to tell how good he has been in this season and BBL overall. He makes an ideal candidate for captain too.
- Joshua Philippe : Joshua is the 4th highest run scorer in this season so far. He has scored 273 runs at an average of 30 and he is the top scorer for Sydney Sixers. Philippe has all the reasons to be backed in fantasy.
- Daniel Christian : The heroics of Christian in last match where he scored 61 and picked a wicket is the reason why he picks himself in any fantasy team as an all rounder.
- Daniel Hughes : Captain Hughes got back to scoring with a half century in the last game. He has 264 runs in 9 games this season at an average of 33.
- Jackson Bird : Bird had a decent game against Heat where he picked a couple of wickets conceding just 22 runs.
THU vs SIX Dream11 Team Prediction
- Sam Billings
- Joshua Philippe
- Daniel Hughes
- Alex Hales
- Usman Khawaja
- Ben Cutting
- Daniel Sams (Captain)
- Daniel Christian
- Jackson Bird
- Tanveer Sangha (Vice Captain)
- Jonathan Cook
Note : It’s possible to update team after toss. So please join our Telegram Channel for final team after toss.
THU vs SIX Captaincy & Vice Captaincy options
Captain : Tanveer Sangha, Joshau Philippe
Vice Captain : Alex Hales, Daniel Sams
THU vs SIX Match Prediction
According to our prediction, Sydney Thunder will win the match.
The THU vs SIX teams can also be used on MyFab11 which charges the least entry fees and competition is less. Get Rs. 50 on joining and 100% cash bonus up to Rs. 5999 on first deposit!