AUS vs IND Preview
Australia came from behind to defeat India in a dramatic manner in the Adelaide Test as they bundled out Indian team on just 36 in the second inning. However, it’s time for both the teams to move on from that amazing test and focus on this Boxing Day Test which starts on 26th December at 5 AM Indian standard time. The iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) will host the match. In this article, we give you the best suited AUS vs IND Dream11 Team along with fantasy tips to make sure you win and earn a lot of money in fantasy cricket.
Australia Team News
Australian coach Justin Langer has confirmed that the Aussies will go unchanged in the second Test. Read more of it here :
However, the Aussies would be worried about their batting which faltered in the first inning of Adelaide Test. If there is one venue they’d have loved to play at, to correct their batting mistakes, it would’ve been MCG.
Players to pick from Australia
- Steve Smith : Smith had a quiet test at Adelaide but now he returns to a venue where he averages 113.
- Marnus Labuschagne : Labuschagne has a fair share of success at MCG. Although not as much as Smith, but he had scored a 50 there against New Zealand last summer.
- Josh Hazlewood : Who can forget his 5-8 in Adelaide? Even though he struggles at MCG, you can’t just look beyond him in Australian conditions.
- Pat Cummins : He is the number one bowler in Test cricket right now and has enjoyed bowling at MCG. In the last Border-Gavaskar Trophy, he had taken 6-27 in the second inning of the Test match played here.
- Nathan Lyon : Just like Smith, Lyon too had a quiet test at Adelaide but at MCG, he has set a decent record where he has taken 31 wickets in 9 Tests.
- Cameron Green : Despite the failure at Adelaide, Green can be a very impactful player in this series. He already scored a ton in the practice match.
- Tim Paine : Australian captain is coming on the back off a Man of the Match Performance in Adelaide.
India Team News
India have made quite a few changes into their playing 11. Obviously with Kohli gone for the rest of the tour, Rahane will lead the side. Prithvi Shaw has been dropped and Shubman Gill has replaced him. Either of Gill or Vihari will open. If Vihari open, Gill will play at 4 but in case of Gill opening, which is more likely to happen, Rahane will bat at 4 followed by Vihari and Rishabh Pant who has replaced Wriddhiman Saha.
Ravindra Jadeja has also come in the side proving his fitness while Mohammad Siraj has replaced injured Mohammed Shami. After a long time, the pair of Jadeja and Ashwin would play together in an overseas Test match.
Players to pick from India
- Cheteshwar Pujara : The player of the series in the last Border Gavaskar Trophy, Pujara will be the main man in the series. Pujara had scored a 100 in the last Boxing Day Test India had played at MCG.
- Jasprit Bumrah : Bumrah too was successful at MCG on the last tour as he had taken 6 wickets in the first inning of that Test.
- R Ashwin : Often Ashwin’s wicket taking ability outside Asia gets doubted but he started the series well with a 4fer in Adelaide. However, his main challenge would be to continue the good start which he often fails to do.
- Mayank Agarwal : Agarwal had kickstarted his Test career right here at MCG where he had scored a beautiful 70 odd in the 1st inning. He’d enjoy batting on this surface.
- Rishabh Pant : Pant has finally been picked in the side. He’d be keen to cement his place in at least the Test side.
- Shubman Gill : Gill will make his debut at MCG and just like Mayank, thi venue can kickstart his Test career too.
AUS vs IND Playing 11
Joe Burns, Matthew Wade, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Tim Paine (capt & wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon
Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), R Ashwin, R Jadeja, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah
Australia vs India Pitch Report
The Melbourne pitch has often been the easiest pitch to bat according to the Test match standards. In recent times, a lot of batsmen have gone on to score 100s, even 200s on this wicket. Even though shot making is not easy here due to the slow pace, batsmen like Pujara or Smith who play patience game can go up to score big runs here.
AUS vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction
- Rishabh Pant
- Mayank Agarwal
- Steve Smith (Captain)
- Cheteshwar Pujara (Vice Captain)
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Josh Hazlewood
- Pat Cummins
- Nathan Lyon
- Jasprit Bumrah