AUS vs IND Preview
In this 9 days break between the second and the third test, plenty of off field talks have been making headlines. From Indian players allegedly breaking bio-secure bubble to Indian contingent not willing to travel for Brisbane for the 4th Test to Tim Paine saying that some tension has been building between the two teams off late but now, it’s time to close all those talks and let the bat and ball do the talking on the field. The 3rd AUS vs IND Test begins tomorrow at Sydney Cricket Ground and we bring you AUS vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction which is a preview post for the third test based on boosting your chances of winning in fantasy cricket.
- Match Venue : Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG)
- Match Time : 05:00 AM IST | 11:30 PM GMT
Australia Team News
Australia must have never expected a comeback like that from India at MCG after rolling them over at 36 only in Adelaide. Batting has been their biggest area of concern where they have crossed 200 marks only once in 3 innings. And to add some strength to the weak batting, Australia have included a not 100% fit David Warner along with Will Pucovski who will open the batting with him.
Among the rest of the squad, either of Travis Head or Cameron Green will be dropped for Pucovski while Warner will replace Joe Burns. Since Green adds a bowling option, Head is likely to be axed. Matthew Wade will be able to save his position.
Players to pick from Australia
- Steve Smith : Out of all the Australian venues, Smith probably has his lowest average at SCG where he averages 68 with a couple of 100s. He has had a quiet series but great players can not be kept quiet for long.
- Marnus Labuschagne : Labuschagne too has had a quiet series, just like Smith but at least he has got the starts and he might start converting those starts in this Test. He’d have fond memories of this ground as he had scored a 215 here last year.
- Pat Cummins : The number one Test match bowler has quite a record at SCG, where he has picked up 12 wickets at an average of 24. He is a must in your Dream11 Team.
- Nathan Lyon : Lyon hasn’t had a great series so far but if there is one Australian venue he’d choose to bowl at the rest of his life, it’d be SCG. The spin favoring conditions make him a threat for the opponents here and a value for your fantasy team.
India Team News
India just gave everyone a motivation to get through the hardest of times without getting bogged down when they won the Test match at SCG. However, there has been plenty of off field chatters to disturb their preparations for the 3rd Test but they’d be happy to have Rohit Sharma back who will open the batting replacing Mayank Agarwal.
The other change India has made is a forced change which brings Navdeep Saini in the 11. He will make his debut and replace the injured Umesh Yadav from the last match.
Players to pick from India
- Cheteshwar Pujara : Pujara has been kept quiet by the Australians in this series but this pitch will suit his style of batting and hence we are expecting him to score in this Test match.
- Jasprit Bumrah : Bumrah has been the best fast bowler from Indian team in this series with 8 wickets in 2 games at an average of 23. You can’t overlook him while making fantasy team.
- R Ashwin : Often seen as a competitor of Nathan Lyon, Ashwin has outbowled him in this series up until this point and this pitch at SCG will suit his style of bowling even more, particularly in the last inning where he’d be more threatening.
- Rishabh Pant : Pant adds extra value added points to the fantasy and will be the most useful option among wicket keepers if he gets going.
- Shubman Gill : Gill made his debut at MCG and looked solid in both the innings. Expect him to continue his good form at SCG too.
- Ajinkya Rahane : Indian captain and the centurion from last game might be a risk in fantasy as you never know if he will be able to repeat that performance but it’s very hard to ignore his selection.
- Ravindra Jadeja : There was a tough fight between Jadeja and Siraj for this spot but as we expect ball to turn at SCG, Jadeja could prove to be more useful than Siraj.
Other Fantasy options from both sides
Australia : Josh Hazlewood, David Warner
India : Rohit Sharma, Mohd Siraj
AUS vs IND Playing 11
David Warner, Will Pucovski, Matthew Wade, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Cameron Green, Tim Paine (capt & wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon
Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), R Ashwin, R Jadeja, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah
Australia vs India Pitch Report
The SCG pitch often turns a lot in the 3rd and 4th innings. Looking at the few early pictures of the pitch, what one can read is that it will assist the pacers with the new ball because of the grass. However, since the color of the pitch is brownish and not greenish, it will become better to bat once the ball gets old.
And following the tradition, it should spin in the second innings of both sides which will make Lyon, Ashwin and Jadeja very interested.
AUS vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction
- Rishabh Pant
- Cheteshwar Pujara
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Shubman Gill
- Steve Smith (vice captain)
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Ravichandran Ashwin (captain)
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Pat Cummins
- Nathan Lyon
- Jasprit Bumrah