STR vs SCO Match Preview
Like on every new year’s eve, Adelaide Strikers will be playing yet again in a BBL match and this time they will face a struggling Perth Scorchers where they will start the match as favorites. Adelaide Oval will host the match. As these two teams prepare for the new year’s eve match, we present you the STR vs SCO Dream11 Team Prediction so that you make your fantasy tips with all the information you need.
- Match Venue : Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- Match Time : 01:45 PM IST
Adelaide Strikers Team News
Adelaide Strikers love playing on the new year’s eve as they have got a pretty good record on this occasion. Even this time, they are facing Perth Scorchers who are yet to win any match this season and they were comprehensively beaten by Strikers earlier this season which is why the Strikers will feel really confident going into this match.
For this match, the Strikers have retained their 18 members squad and most likely they will go with the same playing 11 as well.
Perth Scorchers Team News
Scorchers have got themselves in a huge spot of bother and they seem to be the weakest team in this competition so far. They have got just 1 bash point from 4 matches and that’s pretty much all they have to show for their performance. They lost their last match against same Scorchers by 71 runs and it wouldn’t be easy for them going pass them again.
Scorchers had named their 17 men squad for two matches which means that same squad will feature in this match as well. However, there are good chances of them changing their playing 11.
Players Recent Performance
- Philip Salt : 51(31)
- Jake Weatherald : 18(23)
- Alex Carey : 15(20)
- Rashid Khan : 29(13) & 2-18
- Wes Agar : 2-16
- Peter Siddle : 2-23
- Danny Briggs : 2-8
- Daniel Worrall : 2-29
- Josh Inglis : 16(11)
- Jason Roy : 21(11)
- Colin Munro : 5(8)
- Liam Livingstone : 22(24)
- Jhye Richardson : 3-30
- Mitchell Marsh : 2-14
- Andrew Tye : 2-38
STR vs SCO Playing 11
Jake Weatherald , Philip Salt, Matt Renshaw, Alex Carey (c & wk), Jonathan Wells, Matthew Short, Rashid Khan, Daniel Worrall, Danny Briggs, Peter Siddle, Wes Agar
Josh Inglis (wk), Jason Roy, Liam Livingstone, Colin Munro, Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Turner (c), Aaron Hardie, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Fawad Ahmed
STR vs SCO Pitch Report
Adelaide Oval has hosted just one match this season and it was the same two teams which played that match. Strikers had scored 165 in the first inning while their openers had enjoyed shot making quite a lot on this surface. Later on, the spinners got into the act which is why we think it is going to be a flat but slow surface.
STR vs SCO Head to Head
Strikers : 9 wins
Scorchers : 8 wins
At Adelaide Oval
Strikers : 4 wins
Scorchers : 2 wins
Players to pick from both sides
- Philip Salt : Salt has 118 runs from 5 matches and 51 of those came in the last match, he seems to be in decent touch.
- Alex Carey : Carey hasn’t peaked in this tournament yet but we all know about his abilities.
- Rashid Khan : Rashid Khan won Strikers last game with his all round performance, his abilities don’t need any explanation.
- Peter Siddle : Siddle has taken 10 wickets this season and he is combined highest wicket taker
- Daniel Worrall : Worrall has 7 wickets from 5 matches, he has returned some outstanding performances for Adelaide.
- Danny Briggs : Briggs returned a figure of 2-8 in the last match against the same opponents.
- Wes Agar : Wes Agar has picked up 9 wickets in just 5 matches this season.
- Jason Roy : Roy has played just one match this season and he showed some good signs in that game even though he scored only 21 runs.
- Ashton Turner : Turner didn’t do much in the last game but he has contributed well for Scorchers when most of the batsmen have struggled.
- Mitchell Marsh : Mitchell Marsh has been the biggest positive for Scorchers this season, he has contributed with both bat and ball.
- Jhye Richardson : Richardson picked up 3-30 in the last match against the same opponents and at the same venue.
STR vs SCO Dream11 Team Prediction
- Alex Carey
- Jason Roy
- Ashton Turner
- Philip Salt
- Mitchell Marsh
- Rashid Khan (Vice Captain)
- Peter Siddle
- Daniel Worrall
- Jhye Richardson
- Wes Agar (Captain)
- Danny Briggs
Note : It’s possible to update team after toss. So please join our Telegram Channel for final team after toss.
STR vs SCO Captaincy & Vice Captaincy options
Captain : Wes Agar, Rashid Khan
Vice Captain : Peter Siddle, Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey
STR vs SCO Match Prediction
According to our prediction, Adelaide Strikers will win the match.
The STR vs SCO teams can also be used on MyFab11 which charges the least entry fees and competition is less. Get Rs. 50 on joining and 100% cash bonus up to Rs. 5999 on first deposit!