SCO vs THU Match Preview
Scorchers after facing one Sydney based team in their last assignment are ready to face another Sydney based team on their home turf. Perth Scorchers will face Sydney Thunder in BBL’s next game and we bring you SCO vs THU Dream11 Team post to inform you about the pitch report, playing 11 and the best Dream11 picks for THU vs SCO match.
- Match Venue : Perth Stadium, Perth
- Match Time : 01:45 PM IST
Perth Scorchers Team News
Perth Scorchers had a terrible start to their BBL campaign this year but they are slowly getting back on track and a win against Thunder will bring their campaign completely back on track. They’ve won three consecutive matches, out of which two have come at this very venue, which is also their home venue. They’d love to continue the momentum here.
Scorchers have made just one change to the squad. Sam Whiteman has been omitted and no one comes in. They’re most likely to stick with the same playing 11 after 3 consecutive wins.
Sydney Thunder Team News
Thunder must have some good memories of this pitch as they played their last match against Hurricanes at the same venue. They won the match defending the total and if they somehow manage to win the toss and bat first, they’d be firm favorites to disrupt the Scorchers’ winning momentum in their own backyard.
Thunder have named the same squad that took on Hobart Hurricanes. Unfortunately, Daniel Sams hasn’t recovered from the concussion yet and he will miss yet another match for Thunder. Everything clicked perfectly for Thunder in their last match so it’s highly unlikely they’ll risk changing their playing 11 unless there is an injury to someone.
Players Recent Performance
- Jason Roy : 27(31)
- Liam Livingstone : 16(13) & 1-13
- Josh Inglis : 20(12)
- Colin Munro : 50(34)
- Mitchell Marsh : 57(27) & 1-12
- Andrew Tye : 4-20
- Jason Beherendorff : 1-16
- Fawad Ahmed : 1-17
- Jhye Richardson : 3-15
- Usman Khawaja : 49(33)
- Alex Hales : 21(19)
- Callum Ferguson : 1(3)
- Ben Cutting : 31(14) & 0-16
- Alex Ross : 44*(33)
- Chris Green : 2-23
- Nathan McAndrew : 2-25
- Tanveer Sangha : 2-29
- Sam Billings : 1(5)
SCO vs THU Playing 11
Jason Roy, Liam Livingstone, Colin Munro, Josh Inglis (wk), Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Turner (c), Aaron Hardie, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Fawad Ahmed
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (c), Sam Billings (wk), Ben Cutting, Alex Ross, Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Adam Milne, Tanveer Sangha, Brendan Doggett
SCO vs THU Pitch Report
Perth Stadium has hosted 3 matches this season and all three games have been won by the teams batting first. In these three matches, first inning scores were 183, 185 and 167 respectively while the winning margins were 86, 96 and 39 runs which tells that chasing is not easy at this pitch even though it’s a beautiful batting wicket having fair bit of help for fast bowlers too.
The team winning the toss would like to bat first while what you can do is to pick a lot of batsmen and fast bowlers in your Dream11 fantasy team.
SCO vs THU Head to Head
Perth Scorchers : 6 wins
Sydney Thunder : 6 wins
Players to pick from both sides
Let’s go through some to the key players to pick from both teams which might help you in making a great SCO vs THU Dream11 Team.
- Josh Inglis : Inglis scored a beautiful 70 odd in the match before this one, he has been fairly consistent for the Scorchers.
- Jason Roy : After scoring the 50, Roy has scored couple of 27s at the same tempo and you feel like he is in for a big one in the next match.
- Mitchell Marsh : Marsh was brilliant in the last game. He scored a 50 and picked up a wicket. His all round abilities are obviously going to be very useful.
- Colin Munro : Munro has scored couple of 50s in the row. He is a risky pick going by the law of averages but you can’t simply ignore him.
- Jhye Richardson : Jhye Richardson has been excellent in this BBL. Even in the last game he picked up a 3-fer and he will enjoy bowling on this surface.
- Jason Beherendorff : Even though Beherendorff bowled just a couple of overs, he picked up a wicket. On a wicket that suits new ball bowling, he could be a great option to have.
- Sam Billings : We still back Billings to come good as he is pretty much suited for this pitch.
- Alex Hales : Alex Hales has been Thunder’s best batsman. He has scored 264 runs in 8 matches at a high strike rate of 140.
- Ben Cutting : In the absence of Daniel Sams, Ben Cutting seems the safest pick from Thunder pick among all rounders.
- Tanveer Sangha : Tanveer Sangha has been effortlessly extremely successful in this BBL. With 15 wickets in 8 matches, he is tournament’s third highest wicket taker up until this point and is a good option for captain or vice captain too.
- Nathan McAndrew : McAndrew was exceptional in the last game with the figure of 2-25. Expect him to come good on this track once again.
SCO vs THU Dream11 Team Prediction
- Josh Inglis
- Sam Billings
- Alex Hales
- Jason Roy (Captain)
- Colin Munro
- Ben Cutting
- Mitchell Marsh
- Nathan McAndrew
- Jhye Richardson (Vice Captain)
- Jason Beherendorff
- Tanveer Sangha
Note : It’s possible to update team after toss. So please join our Telegram Channel for final team after toss.
SCO vs THU Captaincy & Vice Captaincy options
Captain : Jason Roy, Alex Hales
Vice Captain : Tanveer Sangha, Jhye Richardson
SCO vs THU Match Prediction
According to our prediction, Sydney Thunder will win the match.
The SCO vs THU teams can also be used on MyFab11 which charges the least entry fees and competition is less. Get Rs. 50 on joining and 100% cash bonus up to Rs. 5999 on first deposit!