REN vs THU Match Preview
Year 2021 will be welcomed with Melbourne Renegades taking on Sydney Thunder in the 22nd match of the ongoing Big Bash League at Queensland. While the hosts are struggling in the points table, Thunder are flying high as they are placed in the top two at the moment. Not just Thunder, you too would like to fly high and hence we bring you REN vs THU Dream11 Team Prediction where we will tell you which players will be best for Dream11 in this REN vs THU match.
- Match Venue : Carrara Oval, Queensland
- Match Time : 01:45 PM IST
Melbourne Renegades Team News
Melbourne Renegades are currently not a fan favorites as they are struggling to even lose decently. They are placed at the bottom of the points table with an all time lowest net run rate after 5 matches for a team in BBL. However, they will take inspiration from Perth Scorchers who defeated a strong Adelaide Strikers quite comfortably in the last match.
They have named the same 18 members squad for this game which featured in the last game.
Sydney Thunder Team News
Sydney based franchises are enjoying this BBL and both Sixers and Thunder being in the top two of the points table is a proof of that. Thunder have won 4 out of 5 matches and they will take huge confidence from the 75 runs victory against a much better Melbourne Stars in their previous match. However, they must be vary of what happened to Strikers after them being in a similar position before the match against Scorchers.
Thunder have announced the same squad which broke the 200 runs barrier twice in last couple of games but fast bowler Nathan McAndrew’s fitness will be assessed and last call on him will be taken before the toss only.
Players Recent Performance
- Aaron Finch : 39(32)
- Shaun Marsh : 67(48)
- Sam Harper : 18(15)
- Mohammad Nabi : 18(11) & 2-11
- Imad Wasim : 2-20
- Kane Richardson : 2-21
- Will Sutherland : 1-57
- Usman Khawaja : 37(31)
- Alex Hales : 71(29)
- Callum Ferguson : 51(33)
- Ben Cutting : 20(7) & 0-4
- Daniel Sams : 9(5) & 1-27
- Chris Green : 4-34 & 12(4)
- Chris Tremain : 2-27
- Tanveer Sangha : 2-17
REN vs THU Playing 11
Shaun Marsh, Aaron Finch (c), Sam Harper (wk), Rilee Rossouw, Mackenzie Harvey, Mohammad Nabi, Imad Wasim, Will Sutherland, Kane Richardson, Mitch Perry, Peter Hatzoglou
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (c), Oliver Davies, Sam Billings (wk), Ben Cutting, Daniel Sams, Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Chris Tremain, Tanveer Sangha
REN vs THU Pitch Report
Carrara Oval has been quite a batting friendly venue and the pitch just suits perfectly for some entertainment on new year’s day. It has hosted just two games so far and the teams batting second have won both the matches. The first inning scores in these two games have been 193 and 168 respectively and these two scores have been chased successfully which tells you that you should have more batsmen than bowlers in your Dream11 Team.
REN vs THU Head to Head
Renegades : 9 wins
Thunder : 3 wins
Players to pick from both sides
- Aaron Finch : Captain Finch has not been in good form in T20 cricket off late and he is struggling even in BBL after IPL but he scored a nice 39 in last game and it could be just a matter of time before we see a big inning from his bat.
- Shaun Marsh : Marsh on the other hand, has been really consistent for Thunder. He has scored 146 runs in 5 matches this season, although those runs have come rather slowly.
- Sam Harper : Wicket keeper batsman Sam Harper has been in good touch this season even though he failed in the last match.
- Mohammad Nabi : Nabi has played just 3 matches for Renegades so far and he has already started to make the impact. He picked up a couple of wickets in the last match too.
- Kane Richardson : Kane Richardson has been the most reliable bowler for Renegades as he has picked up 9 wickets in 5 matches.
- Alex Hales : Hales had a very slow start to the season but he is getting into the groove now. He scored a breathtaking 71(29) in last match.
- Callum Ferguson : Ferguson has held the fort of Thunder batting on his own shoulders. The right hander has scored 197 runs in 5 matches, which is the highest in this year’s BBL until now.
- Daniel Sams : When it comes to BBL, there are very few more reliable players than Sams himself. The all rounder contributes with both bat and ball in every game.
- Olivier Davies : While Olivier Davies missed out in last game, we expect him to go on and score a few on this beautiful batting wicket in this game.
- Chris Green : You can’t ignore him after a 4-34 performance in the last match.
- Tanveer Sangha : Tanveer Sangha is the 4th highest wicket taker in this BBL with 9 wickets in 5 matches.
REN vs THU Dream11 Team Prediction
- Sam Harper
- Aaron Finch
- Alex Hales
- Callum Ferguson (Vice Captain)
- Shaun Marsh
- Daniel Sams
- Mohammad Nabi (Captain)
- Olivier Davies
- Tanveer Sangha
- Chris Green
- Kane Richardson
Note : It’s possible to update team after toss. So please join our Telegram Channel for final team after toss.
REN vs THU Captaincy & Vice Captaincy options
Captain : Shaun Marsh, Callum Ferguson
Vice Captain : Daniel Sams, Mohammad Nabi, Tanveer Sangha
REN vs THU Match Prediction
According to our prediction, Sydney Thunder will win the match.
The REN vs THU teams can also be used on MyFab11 which charges the least entry fees and competition is less. Get Rs. 50 on joining and 100% cash bonus up to Rs. 5999 on first deposit!