KT vs CV Team News
Khulna Titans –
- Jahurul Islam and Junaid Siddique will open the innings with Al-Amin following them, who impressed in the last match with his aggressive batting, at number three.
- Mahmudullah and the left-handed Dawid Malan would bat at number four and five respectively. Carlos Brathwaite and Ariful Haque are the all-rounders.
- The pace attack will be led by Junaid Khan and Lasith Malinga. Taijul is the lone spin bowling option.
- The Titans, lost against the Comilla Victorians in Sylhet in their last match and subsequently, lost their fifth match this season.
- The previous match between Vikings and Titans ended in a Tie with the Chittagong team winning in Super Over.
Chittagong Vikings –
- Chittagong Vikings, captained by Mushfiqur Rahim, have been amongst the most consistent teams in this edition BPL. They are currently placed in the third position having played only four matches out of which they won three with their only defeat coming against Sylhet Sixers. They would next be up against the Khulna Titans at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.
- The swashbuckling pair of Mohammad Shahzad and Cameron Delport will open for them with Yasir Ali at three.
- Captain Mushfiqur and Najibullah Zadran will take care of the middle order. Mosaddek and Frylinck are known to be decent with the bat too. They will also be key players with the ball.
- Khaled Ahmed is the specialist fast bowler with Nayeem Hasan and Sunzamul Islam being the spinners.
The pitch in Sylhet has gotten much better and the big hitters from both sides will be relishing the prospect of playing on a good batting pitch. Expect dew to play an important role in the match and so team winning toss will prefer to bat second.
Probable Playing XI
Chittagong Vikings –
Mohammad Shahzad (Wk), Cameron Delport, Yasir Ali, Mushfiqur Rahim (C), Najibullah Zadran, Mosaddek Hossain, Robbie Frylinck, Nayeem Hasan, Sunzamul Islam, Khaled Ahmed
Khulna Titans –
Jahurul Islam (Wk), Junaid Siddique, Al-Amin, Mahmudullah (C), Dawid Malan, Carlos Brathwaite, Ariful Haque, Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Taijul Islam, Lasith Malinga, Junaid Khan
Mohammad Shahzad, the afghan international is a dangerous player who opens. Default pick.
J Islam also ppener and an attacking batsman. But Hit or miss kind of player. Try in bigger leagues.
Mushfiqur Rahim, the Bangladesh international found his touch in the last match. A class player and must pick
D Malan, well known T20 Specialist. Safe pick
C Delport, another T20 specialist + Opener. Safe pick
Junaid Siddique, local player. Opener + inform player. Must have
M Al Amin, bats first down. Performed well in last game, great choice for GL.
Mahmudullah, versatile all-rounder. Popular pick, middle order + part-time. Safe pick.
S Raza, another quality all-rounder. Middle order Batman + Part Time However has not done much so far. Try in bigger leagues.
C Brathwaite, typical Windies T20 all rounder. Safe pick.
Mosaddek Hossain, Bangladeshi international. Lower middle order + Part Time. Safe pick
A Haque, another local player. Middle order Batsman can bowl as well. Safe pick.
Robbie Frylinck has been a consistent performar so far this season with 9 wickets from 4 games, must have, C VC.
L Malinga, Sri Lankan international. Best Death bowler, wicket taker. Must have.
J Khan, Pakistan international. Wicket taking bowler. Performed well in last game. Safe pick
Abu Jayed, Bangla international. 2nd highest wicket taker in last year BPL. Consist Performar. Safe
S Islam, local player. Bowld economical spells so far in BPL. Try in bigger leagues.
T Islam, another Bangla international. Main Spinner of KT. Bowled well in last game, safe.
Khaled Ahmed, local talent. Wicket taking bowler. Try in bigger pleague.
Nayeem Hasan, yet another local emerging spinner. Safe pick.
Shariful Islam, young pacer from Bangladesh. Try in GL.