HUR vs THU Match Preview
There will be a couple of matches in the BBL tomorrow and in the first of the two games, Hobart Hurricanes will take on Sydney Thunder in Perth. This is a top of the table clash and so we are expecting high voltage action from this game. We also expect fierce competition in the Dream11 Fantasy which is why we are bringing you HUR vs THU Dream11 Team Prediction post to help you with fantasy cricket.
- Match Venue : Perth Stadium, Perth
- Match Time : 12:40 PM IST
Hobart Hurricanes Team News
Despite losing the last match to Melbourne Stars, Hurricanes will be aiming the top spot and a win will do it for them because of their superior net run rate over Sydney Sixers. They went down fighting in their chase in the last game and it was one of the few close games this BBL experienced. Ben McDermott scored a beautiful 91, but it went in vain.
Hurricanes have named their 16 men’s squad leaving out Charlie Wakim. Rest of the squad is remaining to be the same while the places of D’Arcy Short and Johan Botha would be up for discussion when they’d sit to decide the playing 11. These two have failed to make much significant contributions in the last few games.
Sydney Thunder Team News
Sydney Thunder will be eying a top spot in this game and just like Hurricanes, a win will do the trick for them as well. Thunder must be disappointed after failing to defend 175 at a venue like Gabba and that must ring some alarms when it comes to the bowling department. Except a couple who bagged ducks, all the batsmen batted beautifully but when it came to the bowling, none of them was even economical except for Chris Green who only conceded 20 runs in his 4 overs.
Thunder received a big blow when Daniel Sams was ruled out of this game due to concussion. Sams batted exceptionally well in the last game scoring 37 runs in just 18 balls. Other than Sams, remaining squad is same but Adam Milne’s spot could be up for grabs.
Players Recent Performance
- D’Arcy Short : 8(13) & 0-24
- Ben McDermott : 91(58)
- Dawid Malan : 26(22)
- Colin Ingram : 17(13)
- Tim David : 2(3)
- Riley Meredith : 2-25
- Nathan Ellis : 3-31
- Scott Boland : 0-45
- Usman Khawaja : 0(2)
- Alex Hales : 46(26)
- Callum Ferguson : 35(34)
- Ben Cutting : 24(15) & 0-16
- Chris Green : 1-20 & 1(2)
- Chris Tremain : 0-24
- Tanveer Sangha : 3-40
- Sam Billings : 22(16)
HUR vs THU Playing 11
D Arcy Short, Ben McDermott(w), Dawid Malan, Peter Handscomb(c), Colin Ingram, Tim David, Sandeep Lamichhane, Nathan Ellis, Scott Boland, Johan Botha, Riley Meredith
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (c), Sam Billings (wk), Ben Cutting, Alex Ross, Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Adam Milne, Tanveer Sangha, Chris Tremain
HUR vs THU Pitch Report
After few matches on this surface, we all are familiar with Perth Stadium pitch. It’s a beautiful batting wicket but it also helps the fast bowlers if they bowl in the right areas. Scorchers have scored 180+ totals twice in two games here but what’s also interesting that the chasing teams have lost by big margins in both these games. Team winning the first would love to bat first and with the fast bowling strength Thunder have, we’d back them to win the match if they win the toss and bat first.
HUR vs THU Head to Head
Hobart Hurricanes : 8 wins
Sydney Thunder : 5 wins
Players to pick from both sides
- Ben McDermott : McDermott is in top form this season. Just in the last game, he scored an excellent 91. He is the highest run scorer in this year’s BBL with 277 runs at an average of 55.
- Dawid Malan : Malan has been quite decent in the number of games he has played, he has been quite consistent and is a safe bet.
- Sandeep Lamichhane : Lamichhane has picked up 3 wickets in 2 matches and reading his leg spin will be a tough ask for Thunder batting line-up which consists of a lot of right handers.
- Riley Meredith : Riley Meredith has been exceptional, he has picked up 12 wickets in just 8 matches. He has been picking wickets in almost every match and he will enjoy bowling on this bouncy Perth pitch.
- Nathan Ellis : Ellis has mostly played the supporting role but he has almost identical record to Meredith which proves how good he has been.
- Sam Billings : Billings has started to find his groove and this bouncy pitch of Perth will suit his style of batting, expect a good score from him tomorrow.
- Alex Hales : Alex Hales has been Thunder’s best batsman along with Callum Ferguson. Both have scored 243 runs in 7 matches although Hales has been lot more explosive.
- Callum Ferguson : With 243 runs at an average of 40, Ferguson is a safe bet in fantasy cricket.
- Ben Cutting : In the absence of Daniel Sams, Ben Cutting seems the most obvious pick among all rounders.
- Tanveer Sangha : Tanveer Sangha has been effortlessly extremely success in this BBL. With 13 wickets in only 7 matches, he is tournament’s third highest wicket taker up until this point and is a good option for captain or vice captain too.
- Nathan McAndrew : McAndrew has been quite okayish in this season if not exceptional but he could be a good gamble to take given the nature of the pitch.
HUR vs THU Dream11 Team Prediction
- Ben McDermott
- Sam Billings
- Alex Hales
- Dawid Malan ( vice captain)
- Callum Ferguson
- DArcy Short
- Riley Meredith (captain)
- Nathan McAndrew
- Nathan Elis
- Sandeep Lamichhane
- Tanveer Sangha
Note : It’s possible to update team after toss. So please join our Telegram Channel for final team after toss.
HUR vs THU Captaincy & Vice Captaincy options
Captain : Dawid Malan, Riley Meredith
Vice Captain : Ben McDermott, Tanveer Sangha, Alex Hales
HUR vs THU Match Prediction
According to our prediction, Sydney Thunder will win the match.
The HUR vs THU teams can also be used on MyFab11 which charges the least entry fees and competition is less. Get Rs. 50 on joining and 100% cash bonus up to Rs. 5999 on first deposit!