HUR vs STA Match Preview
In the first match of the weekend double header, Hobart Hurricanes takes on Melbourne Stars in Hobart. As the BBL is approaching towards its interesting end, we bring you the HUR vs STA Dream11 Team Prediction post to ensure you keep winning in fantasy cricket irrespective of what happens in the BBL.
- Match Venue : Bellerive Oval, Hobart
- Match Time : 11:35 AM IST
Hobart Hurricanes Team News
Hobart Hurricanes got back to the winning ways after a narrow win against the Heat the other day. Now they are placed at the third position in the points table with 4 wins and 15 points overall as they take on a depleted Melbourne Stars in their next match.
They will be further bolstered by the inclusion of Nepali leg spinner Sandeep Lamichhane who has completed his quarantine period and is now available to play. He will replace another overseas option Keemo Paul and it is the only change in their 17 men squad.
Melbourne Stars Team News
Stars on the other hand, had a quite an on and off season so far as they have won 2 and lost 2 of their matches with one game getting washed out. They had a pretty embarrassing defeat against Thunder in the last match and they’d be looking to bounce back from that loss against Hurricanes.
The Stars have named their squad and they’ve left Nathan Coulter-Nile due to injury. Adam Zampa too will be missing this game as he has copped one match ban for saying ” f*ck me ” on the mike.
Players Recent Performance
- D’Arcy Short : 0(2) & 0-8
- Dawid Malan : 39(32)
- Colin Ingram : 24(21)
- Tim David : 36(17)
- Riley Meredith : 3-21
- Nathan Ellis : 1-40
- Scott Boland : 2-18
- Marcus Stoinis : 27(15)
- Andre Fletcher : 18(17)
- Hilton Cartwright : 10(8)
- Glenn Maxwell : 23(20) & 0-26
- Billy Stanlake : 2-19
HUR vs STA Playing 11
D Arcy Short, Ben McDermott(w), Dawid Malan, Peter Handscomb(c), Colin Ingram, Tim David, Sandeep Lamichhane, Nathan Ellis, Scott Boland, Johan Botha, Riley Meredith
Ben Dunk, Andre Fletcher, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Glenn Maxwell (c), Nicholas Pooran (wk), Nic Maddinson, Sam Rainbird, Liam Hatcher, Billy Stanlake, Zahir Khan
HUR vs STA Pitch Report
Bellerive Oval has hosted a total of 7 BBL matches this season and judging by their scores, you can tell that the pitch has a fair bit of balance for both the batsmen and bowlers as except for one match where Stars won chasing just 131, all other matches have seen the scores over 165 with the highest total being 205.
However, this doesn’t look like a happy hunting ground for the openers and middle order batsmen have scored more runs here.
HUR vs STA Head to Head
Hurricanes : 4 wins
Stars : 9 wins
Players to pick from both sides
- Ben McDermott : McDermott has scored 155 runs in 4 matches this season and between him and Nicholas Pooran, he still seems to be a better option.
- Dawid Malan : Malan started his BBL journey with a meagre 15(16) but the world number 1 T20I batsman soon found his groove with 39 in next game and he is expected to go upwards with his form.
- Colin Ingram : Ingram has 185 runs this season at a fairly decent average of 30 and strike rate of 126.
- Tim David : David averages 45 and has a strike rate of 161 this season. He has scored 181 runs so far and he is just 4 runs behind Ingram.
- D’Arcy Short : Short didn’t do well with bat in last two games and failed with the ball as well in the last match as well but his past records tell he deserves to be backed in your fantasy team.
- Riley Meredith : Riley Meredith has been exceptional, he has picked up 10 wickets in just 6 matches at an average of 16.
- Nathan Ellis : Ellis was expensive in the last match without any doubt but he has done a good job for Hurricanes so far.
- Marcus Stoinis : Stoinis hasn’t clicked in this season but he is just one game away. So far he has scored 92 runs in 4 matches but we all know what he can do. He scored over 700 runs in last year’s BBL.
- Glenn Maxwell : Captain Maxwell has been one consistent performer for Stars this season. He has scored 179 runs at an average of 59 and strike rate of 147.
- Liam Hatcher : Hatcher has picked up 9 wickets in only 4 matches and he averages just 10 with the ball. He would be the first pick among the bowlers.
- Billy Stanlake : For the second bowler, Stanlake can be picked. Stanlake picked up 2 wickets in the last match.
HUR vs STA Dream11 Team Prediction
- Ben McDermott
- Tim David
- Dawid Malan ( vice captain)
- Colin Ingram
- D’Arcy Short
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis
- Riley Meredith (captain)
- Liam Hatcher
- Billy Stanlake
- Nathan Elis
Note : It’s possible to update team after toss. So please join our Telegram Channel for final team after toss.
HUR vs STA Captaincy & Vice Captaincy options
Captain : Dawid Malan, Riley Meredith
Vice Captain : Ben McDermott, Liam Hatcher, Glenn Maxwell
HUR vs STA Match Prediction
According to our prediction, Hobart Hurricanes will win the match.
The HUR vs STA teams can also be used on MyFab11 which charges the least entry fees and competition is less. Get Rs. 50 on joining and 100% cash bonus up to Rs. 5999 on first deposit!